By David Repka
In an earlier blog post I mentioned my relationship with a “socially conscious” investor looking to invest equity in companies (and commercial real estate projects) that can get Floridians back to work. If that post was the view from 50,000 feet let me bring the view down to 10,000 feet so some additional details can be seen. We have been honored to view dozens of business plans and have clarified what our investors like and more importantly, what they don’t like. What we like so far:
- Medical Practice Management Companies (Dental – Urgent Care – specialty)
- Medical Office Buildings in close proximity to hospitals
- Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) / Memory Care Facilities
- Hotels (2.5 star or better – we would call newer, purpose built Holiday Inn Express / Hilton Garden Inn the base of what we are seeking)
- Single Tenant Retail Leased to Credit Tenants / Small Retail Centers Leased to Nationally Known Tenants / Retail Shopping Centers that are Old, Tired, Riddled with Vacancies and Need a Refresh
- Green Businesses focused on Recycling & Sustainable Practices
- Open to new ideas that are logical, repeatable and scalable
Florida is first… Texas is next!
While the politicians in Washington and on the campaign trail talk and talk about creating jobs, I’m aligned with investors that are actually writing checks. If you have an opportunity to discuss please call me, send me an email or a connection request on LinkedIn. Our investors obviously can’t do every deal, but promise to review your presentation quickly and get you a definitive “yes” or “no” answer rather than a long, drawn out “maybe”.
I think that this is a bit of a chicken and egg question, but I think that the answer is availability of capital. Hard for a company to expand, buy equipment, rent more space AND hire new employees if they can not get access to capital.
Since the collapse of the global financial markets in September 2008 I’ve focused my energy on building relationships with alternative capital sources (hedge funds, private equity groups & CRDs – Certified Rich Dudes). I’ve been searching for a simple, scalable, brainless program to represent and ramp up a focused pipeline. I found it!
My plan for creating a supplemental income stream in areas outside my core strength of income producing commercial real estate is to focus on the capital needs of small businesses that have been shut out from obtaining funding from traditional sources. The personal credit of many of these business owners has been decimated by the global financial meltdown. My focus is to connect people, opportunities and capital.
We are creating a small business lending platform under www.Loan4Biz.com and would love your feedback on the programs we are establishing:
- Owner Occupied Commercial real estate loans (SBA & non-SBA funds)
- Factoring Accounts Receivable
- Unsecured working capital loans from $5-100,000 * (credit score from 500)
- Unsecured working capital loans for from $50,000+ ** (credit score from 720)
- Merchant Cash Advances against credit card receivables for companies that can not qualify for a working capital loan
My partner, Lyn Matteson, has over 25 years of experience in corporate finance with august lenders like KeyBank and Charter One bank responsible for over 250 business development officers.
Send me an e-mail or call 727-537-0330 if you see a potential strategic alliance (or if you need access to capital).
* Lyn has closed 31+ unsecured working capital loans with an innovative small balance lender. Sweet spot is loans in the $25-100,000 range. Simple, one page application and logical, repeatable process. Read more: http://loan4biz.com/loans/working-capital-loans
** Must have excellent credit and strong global cash flow. This is a wealth management product with no upper limit on the loan amount.